Anyone with a 2011 Yukon or Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hardly any differences b/w a 2010 , no? i have a 2010 that has 3000 miles and i absolutely love it

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ. The only changes (for the LTZ) are the tow rings are standard in chrome and the trailer towing package includes the electric brake controller. Also the chrome wheel option instead of being a different style wheel it is the standard LTZ 20" wheel except in chrome instead of polished aluminum. I got these and think they look good and compliment the chrome trim and door handles better then the polished aluninum wheel. Of course you can still get several different high dollar chrome wheels.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yaron2 I couldn't reply to your PM because I don't have enough posts but my answer is No. BTW it is version 6.0c

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch of 2011 Yukons, XLs, and Denalis about 30 feet away (Work at a GMC dealership)

fed4life

Reaction score
I just bought a 2011 Tahoe 4wd LTZ last week. It currently has 300 miles on it. Its the white diamond tricoat with black interior and the Chevy 22" rims on it. It also has the whole entertainment package, tow package, side blind zone alert, power assist running boards, etc. From my understanding i got almost every option you can get on it minus the chrome exhaust tip. I LOVE IT!!!!

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2011 Tahoe 4wd LTZ last week. It currently has 300 miles on it. Its the white diamond tricoat with black interior and the Chevy 22" rims on it. It also has the whole entertainment package, tow package, side blind zone alert, power assist running boards, etc. From my understanding i got almost every option you can get on it minus the chrome exhaust tip. I LOVE IT!!!!

why did you choose the Tahoe over the Denali? Just wondering, because although the Tahoe nose looks nicer, the 6.2 and heated wood steering wheel, laminated glass, etc made me trade my '09 LTZ in for my YD? Just curious.

PS, did they change ANYthing on the inside for '11???

fed4life

Reaction score
I couldnt tell you if you if they changed anything in the 2011 from the 09 or 10 as this is the first Tahoe i have owned. As far as the Denali goes...the dealer offered me the same price i paid for my 2011 Tahoe, a 2010 Denali. First im not in love with the Deanli front end, i think the Tahoe front end looks way better IMO. The 6.2 is a strong powerful engine, i was test driving Escalades with the 6.2 and it deff had good power. However, the 5.3L will work just fine for me. It has all the power i need to do my daily driving and tow my ski boat, plus the fuel economy is a little better then 6.2L which is to be expected. Fuel economy was a concern of mine as i have a bit of a distance to work and the extra 2-3mpg i will get with the 5.3 vs. the 6.2 will deff pay over time.

I went from a 2006 F-250 crew cab XLT 2wd with the gas 5.4L.....i hated it! Horrible gas mileage(9-12mpg) and i just couldnt stand the rough ride anymore. And im not ashamed to say that IM SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN A CHEVY!!! That was the last Ford i will ever own.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Forgot to add that the 2010 Denali he was offering didnt have the powered running boards which were a must for me, it was gold. I wanted the White Diamond Tricoat and the Denali had the 20" rims whereas my 2011 Tahoe had the 22" rims. My thinking was that if im spending this kinda money and buying it outright then i want EXACTALY what i want and wont settle for anything less.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't ask me but I thought I would add my 2 cents as to why I purchased a 2011 Tahoe over a Yukon as I considered both.

I had a 2002 Yukon and the 5.3l was plenty of power and towed my 4500 lb boat OK. I knew the 6 speed with manual mode would be even better and the newer 5.3's have more HP and torque then my 02. I didn't want the gas mileage of the 6.2l and have to use premium gas. I too liked the front end of the hoe much better. I also prefer the 4WD over the AWD. I really don't like how the Yukon is painted black around the tailgate window (D-Pillar?) no matter what the exterior color. It looks OK against the storm gray but not so much with other colors. The Denali is a very nice vehicle but these were my personal likes and opinions which led me to chose the Tahoe.

Nothing changed with the interior in the 2011.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't ask me but I thought I would add my 2 cents as to why I purchased a 2011 Tahoe over a Yukon as I considered both.

I had a 2002 Yukon and the 5.3l was plenty of power and towed my 4500 lb boat OK. I knew the 6 speed with manual mode would be even better and the newer 5.3's have more HP and torque then my 02. I didn't want the gas mileage of the 6.2l and have to use premium gas. I too liked the front end of the hoe much better. I also prefer the 4WD over the AWD. I really don't like how the Yukon is painted black around the tailgate window (D-Pillar?) no matter what the exterior color. It looks OK against the storm gray but not so much with other colors. The Denali is a very nice vehicle but these were my personal likes and opinions which led me to chose the Tahoe.

Nothing changed with the interior in the 2011.

thanks for the responses. personal preference is the reason they both still exist. I don't have to commute with my truck (thank God) we typically only put 5k or miles a year on our vehicles so gas mileage is a non factor. If my close friend didn't own a performance shop and another OWNS an '08 SD that i have driven numerous times, I probably would've dealt with the slight difference in the seats/wood grain and the lack of the wood/heated steering wheel. If i bought a non denali the first thing i would have done is swap the grill cause the nose on the Yukon is UGLY without it, with it and the lower chrome totally changes it.. there is a small dropoff from the base tahoe front end from the LTZ, no where near the change betweent eh denali grill and the non just look.. what a cheesy grill GM:emotions122:
07-yukon-hero.jpggmc-yukon-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970