Apparently Ford doesn't like profits: alienating the majority of Americans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another reason for small cars in Europe. Most of their roads, particularly around urban areas were built centuries ago, LONG before powered vehicles were invented. These roads are NARROW, too narrow to effectively permit the use of large vehicles in two-way traffic.
Absolutely correct.

There's also the fact that they've never had the degree of freedom we've had.

In theory, our rights or privileges exist until gov't takes them away. Theirs don't exist until gov't grants them. We've been the 800 lb gorilla, both in economies and in freedoms.

joe

Last edited:

BacDoc

Reaction score
as Matthew McConaghue would say
“Right on, right on, right on!”
A large percentage of Americans want payload capacity and power - the rest are motor heads! Small Chinese EV’s are like a prison sentence for most Americans.

That said if I got a significant tax break for EV purchase I might buy that new
Caddy Escalade IQ lol - that rig is what electric vehicles should be! That thing is sick!

EvergreenZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still want to know why GM hasn’t designed Suburbans and bigger Silverados like trains and ships have been designed for decades.

A small diesel engine that runs all the time to power electric AWD and all the surplus power you need. It would even be a back up generator for your house.

With the right gearing I’ll bet a 1L diesel would supply more than enough torque and subsequently enough power for most 3500s and maybe offer a second size engine to cover up to 6500 or 7500. Keep the same size fuel tank and the range could be incredible.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big cars are more efficient, they transport more people to the same destination than a little car for starters.
1. Unless forced by something external, I will never have a small car again. 2. Smaller cars are not necessarily more efficient than large cars.

EDIT: less = more

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Government intrusion into anything ruins it. Tier 4 tractors, ethanol in gasoline, turbo charged 4 and 6 cylinder engines instead of V-8's, AFM, etc. All to please the EPA.
With any luck, the recent Supreme Court ruling will reduce all the 3 letter agencies' over reach.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets not ignore that fact that the bureaucrats are forcing the change of technology instead of letting market forces prevail. My own state legislature has now required a fairly large percentage of electric vehicles available on dealers' lots, with future high mandates.

Copying California.
I fear what is going to happen when the grid shuts down. No grid can currently handle the number of electric cars required to replace ICE cars.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is something else to consider: If people want to force the world off fossil fuels, exhaust fossil fuels -- don't conserve them! I'm doing my part by having all my family in V8 trucks... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clh01