Audio question for seasoned installer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tf79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_2661.jpeg

Hey guys I’m so lost I need some help. I bought this 04 Yukon Denali with an aftermarket head unit installed, only rear speakers working.
So I recently unhooked my battery to do some work and when I reconnected it no speakers worked, but head unit acted normal. Checked fuses and nothing so I dove into it last night and found some weird stuff.

First off I found this old adapter that wasn’t being used. Assuming it worked at one point and then it didn’t so they cut all the speaker wires and ran them down to the amp and bypassed them like this

1726399969525.jpeg

Nothing that I could see came undone, minus one speaker that I found out was the front right. So I hooked it up and all of a sudden it works! Only that speaker. Keep in mind that only the rear speakers worked before removing the battery. I took a 9v to test the speakers for sound and the only speaker that gave me a sound was the front right, the one that wasn’t hooked up.

SO.. my question for a tech guru is this:
Why did the rears work and now don’t?
Why is the only speaker that works was the one that wasn’t hooked up, could I really have blown the speakers while rehooking the battery? No I didn’t put it on reverse polarity.
I’m so lost and really only can think of just replacing the head unit, run new wire to each individual speaker, and changing the speakers out as well. I don’t know what’s causing this but it’s been messed with too much for me and I think id like to just start fresh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
councilman