BATTERY GOING DEAD - 2022 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgrose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This has happened multiple times. I leave the key fob in the Yukon overnight and in the morning the battery is dead. I believe i am on battery #4 and dealer visit 6 or 7 with diagnosis testing showing nothing. getting tiring

Sean Michael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you think it's related to keeping the key in the vehicle? I recently bought my first Tahoe with a keyless fob and I park in my garage, so until recently I kept my key in the vehicle too. With this vehicle I notice that if I'm doing something, like cleaning the windows or spray detailing between washes with the fob in my pocket, it will sound like it's priming the fuel pump and making other noises as if it's prepping to start fairly constantly over and over while I'm within range with the fob. It was kind of annoying to hear it make constant sounds so I went and put the key inside the house until I finished what I was doing. I figured that the vehicle should be programed smart enough not to run the battery down constantly priming itself when the key is nearby, but ultimately decided to play it safe and keep the key out of the truck. Those two things could be unrelated, but it's something I considered.

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the remote is left in the vehicle the vehicle never completely shuts down, it's detecting the remote and staying awake and pulling down the battery. Happened the friend of mines caddy he removed the fob from the vehicle sitting in the garage and it stopped pulling down the battery.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the remote is left in the vehicle the vehicle never completely shuts down, it's detecting the remote and staying awake and pulling down the battery. Happened the friend of mines caddy he removed the fob from the vehicle sitting in the garage and it stopped pulling down the battery.
Don't think this is how it is supposed to work. The Fob actually goes to sleep too, if you don't move it. I left mine in the vehicle over a weekend once, got in and hit start button, and got a message on the dash "FOB is asleep, move it to start." Did just that and vehicle started. No Low battery.