Averted Potential Tahoe Disaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcquack2

Reaction score
Discovered that ALL my lug nuts were loose driving around for one day, STUPID tire shop!
So last week I stopped by Larkin Tire Factory for an alignment in Pleasant Grove, Utah, since I had changed my tire rods on both sides. They do the work telling me that the alignment was pretty off, but that they did notice a 'cupping' in one of the front tires and that may have been the cause of the rough riding more then the alignment. They also said that the tire should work itself out eventually now that the wheels were properly aligned but I'll have a hard ride for a little bit.
So this got me thinking about new tires, but I slowly remembered that I had an extra tire from a previous tire separation (replaced two tires, kept the good surviving tire). So the next day after the allignment I went to a different tire shop, Timp Tire in Highland Utah, since it was closer to my house, to have them switch out the tire with 'cupping' in it. They pull me into the garage two minutes into starting work and tell me that they found EVERY LUG NUT LOOSE. Who works in a tire shop and doesn't tighten the lug nuts when you take a vehicle off the car lift?!
On top of this, Timp Tire doesn't find the mysterious 'cupping' in the tire. No need for a tire change, and don't even charge me a dime. Now my Tahoe drives smooth, the best it has in months! Timp Tire guys are awesome!

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff and lucky that the wheels didn't fly off while you were driving. Thumbs up for Timp Tire.

OP
OP
mcquack2

mcquack2

Reaction score
I'm glad the only driving I did was home, then the next day straight to the Timp Tire. Though there was two miles of freeway driving. Luck was definitely on my side.

MrJuanderful

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did the first shop say when you told them they sent you home with loose lug nuts???

OP
OP
mcquack2

mcquack2

Reaction score
Talking with the owner, he said 'That's why all tire places say to come back within 100 miles to retorque them. We would of done it for you.' He didn't think there was any mistake made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou