Bad ECM ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electriclott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So here is just a quick run down of my problem.
I have a 97 Tahoe that has been blowing the 20 amp ECM fuse. Sometimes its right as I turn the key on, other times it will run for hours and not blow the fuse at all. I spent several days going through the wiring harness just to make sure I don't have a pinched or burnt wire. I have traced out the whole circuit and can find no problem.
The only thing I'm left with is the ECM itself. Its the only thing that makes any sense to me.
So I guess my question is two fold. Has anyone else had a problem similar to this? If I have to replace the ECM what is the best way to go about that? I'm not finding much info on that particular subject.

Thanks for any advice.

mikeheff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you checked e grounds, one at tstat housing, also make sure the power supply to fuse box is tight.

mikeheff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you checked e grounds, one at tstat housing, also make sure the power supply to fuse box is tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts