New Torque convertor now ECM Wont Communicate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for my understanding, how do you get the transmission to operating temperature? Do you drive it to warm up the transmission, even though the fast relearn procedure has not yet been started?
Let it run until it's hot enough then put it in gear to further circulate fluid and top off (just don't try to drive it around) then do the fast relearn. Once the fast relearn executes, take on a short test drive, check fluid after about 500-1000 feet of driving, top off as needed. That's how shops that I work with tell me some of them do it.

For anyone needing it, here are the ATRA Procedures for conducting the fast relearns on these transmissions.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let it run until it's hot enough then put it in gear to further circulate fluid and top off (just don't try to drive it around) then do the fast relearn. Once the fast relearn executes, take on a short test drive, check fluid after about 500-1000 feet of driving, top off as needed. That's how shops that I work with tell me some of them do it.

For anyone needing it, here are the ATRA Procedures for conducting the fast relearns on these transmissions.
Thank you, Nick. Much appreciated. Our Forum is lucky to have you as an active contributing member.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SergeBakhtin

Latest posts