BB Tune Complete!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k so do i need to specify when i order that i want the tow/haul button to bring the beast out? or will it do that naturally once its tuned? i dont haul loads just ass

pnap88p

Reaction score
i will be also sending in my car specs to be tuned by justin soon!!

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
All I can say is: @Jenna: You are awesome and thanks for your help!

@Canuck: No you shouldn't need to specify. Let them know what you want and they can set you up. The tow button will just give you a ton of torque and acceleration. Put your vehicle on whatever setting you choose after you get the tune back, then when driving, press the tow button and give it some gas. I noticed a big difference when I pushed the the tow button. I would do any other performance mods before you get your tune though.

@everyone else: Trust me, you will be very pleased with your tune. I don't really tow things but figured it would be nice to have the option. All I can say is that it is soooo worth the money. In every aspect from acceleration, top end, towing, gas mpgs, etc.... I am very happy with it. Do it asap!

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I'm confused about the 2 octane tunes? I have the EFI Live Autocal. Is this not normal for me to get two different options? What is the benefit of using two different octanes.

I tried pressing the tow button and it made a real difference for me. It seemed like the response was instant when I pressed the gas pedal and the torque was awesome. Made sense to me, but I won't really use that cause I don't want to risk messing anything up.

@sumo: Bout time?? Do you mean for them to have two octane tunes?

I was talking to felix. Bout time he got a BB or is going to get. Ok think of the autocal unit as a Mini computer. It can hold 4 tunes or 5. I have Loaded into mine are Sport Tcm, Tow Tcm, 87 octane tune and a 93 tune. If i need to tow a trailer, ill Hook up my Autocal and Flash in the tow tune. When im done ill reflash with the sport tune. Same with gas. i run the 87 tune. If i decide to get 93, Ill load the 93 tune before i take off from the gas station. It Literally takes seconds to load, and there is no need for Swapping Ecu and tcms. You can have many tunes saved to your pc. You can remove and add any combination of tunes into the autocal. When i go to teh dealer, Ill just load in the Stock tunes and off to the dealer i go. Its really a nice device. Oh it can also read dtcs if they are any.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I figured they gave me the separate octanes for. Its so nice to be able to switch at any time between tunes. Especially the fact that I can store them on my computer. The last programmer I had, I had a tune set and the dealership upgraded some of my stuff without telling me and locked out my programmer...but now I have this and am sooo much happier with every aspect.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sport mode (tow button) also adjusts shift firmness by reducing the torque management. If you do not notice the difference then maybe your standard tune has an aggressive reduced torque management.

Yeah its been a while since I got the tune and cant remember anything about what I had them do. I actually need to get a retune one of these days too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryonE