BB Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuckHunter

Reaction score
I emailed about a BB Tune earlier this morning. I have a few question maybe someone can help me with. I have a hypertech programmer on my 02 yukon rightnow but seems to be doing nothing for me. I want to keep my mpg's of course but want better response time and more power aswell. How many different types of BB Tunes are there? I do towing alot almost every weekend but do alot of everyday driving during the week aswell. So i dont know what would be best if i understand correctley i just install it and send the programmer back so it wont be like my hypertech where i can change from towing to everyday driving. Seems simple but, iam just looking to et mor knowledge on it i guess. I am defintely going to purchase one jsut not sure if there is only one and if theres more than one which one to go with to get the most out of the tune. Any opinions on this would be much apperciated thanks and Merry Christmas

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I would wait for an in person much more accurate... Black bear will only help minimal with mpgs... These rigs are tanks.. Maybe 2 mpg but only if you stay away from the skinny pedal...for me justin took off 80% of torque management and 100% on tow haul and made it like a "sport mode" which is sick.. Bbts are the best tunes for Chevys though can't go wrong great service as well.. To save max mpgs you need a cai aftermarket exhaust, efans, and a good sea foam and spark plug change

Last edited:
OP
OP
DuckHunter

DuckHunter

Reaction score
I would wait for an in person much more accurate... Black bear will only help minimal with mpgs... These rigs are tanks.. Maybe 2 mpg but only if you stay away from the skinny pedal...for me justin took off 80% of torque management and 100% on tow haul and made it like a "sport mode" which is sick.. Bbts are the best tunes for Chevys though can't go wrong great service as well.. To save max mpgs you need a cai aftermarket exhaust, efans, and a good sea foam and spark plug change

I need to be able to haul my boat, side by side and fourwheeler every weekend and camper once or twice every deer season so, iam not sure sport tune would be prefect for me but it sounds nice i guess iam trying to get to much out of one things wish i could go with the tune you have. Just need to littl emore taking with bb tuners probably its hard for me to do a tune in person iam only home for 15 days my wife is preg due this wednesday they actually have a tune session about 2 hrs away from me in janurary but ill be back in afganistan....guess i cant win from loseing lol, but ill keep trying thanks for the info

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, congrats on the soon to enter the world baby, is it your first? We are having our second one coming at the end of March and can hardly wait!!

As for the tune, just get a hold of Justin or Jenna on here and let them know what you are wanting to do with your truck and they will hook you up!! Get a cable tune if you can't do an in person since you can't make the meet in January, and as long as you can have a person drive your truck while you have the cable and can email the results of the cable to BB, then you would be set!! Get the 92 octane tune, highly recommended especially if you tow alot!

And last, thank you for serving our country!!! Be safe and kick some butt!!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the baby. I'm thoroughly enjoying my three month old baby boy! Also just get the BB tune via AutoCal so you can do it when it's convenient for you.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, and if I'm not mistaken, I think BB has a tune that you can set to different modes for towing and hauling, etc.

OP
OP
DuckHunter

DuckHunter

Reaction score
This is our first child a boy at that we are very excited aswell. Wednesday cant seem to come quick enough. I am waiting on a reponse from the bb tuning staff to take the next step on what i need to purchase. I think they are out of the office for the rest of the week though but i have plenty of time. Thanks again guys

03tahoe2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to high jack.....but if i were to get a 92 oct do i have to run it 24/7??
the E-85 tune is no big deal cuz we have that around here 365 and its like .30 cheaper. but like 3.35 is insane

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
not to high jack.....but if i were to get a 92 oct do i have to run it 24/7??
the E-85 tune is no big deal cuz we have that around here 365 and its like .30 cheaper. but like 3.35 is insane

I do 93 and ONLY 93 AT ALL TIMES.. If you do a 93 and jump to a 87 youll possibly get the engine pinging.93 is very width it though!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DurtyCurty840