BCM components.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly do the BCM modules monitor? I have a folding mirror motor that’s doing something weird and it’s not showing up in the scans. I’m assuming that there’s some kind torque sensor on that motor that is failing. This is the second replacement motor on this thing. Replaced the drivers side motor at the same time and it’s been perfect. At the point I’ve put two new motors on the passenger side it feels like a truck issue and not a part issue.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly do the BCM modules monitor? I have a folding mirror motor that’s doing something weird and it’s not showing up in the scans. I’m assuming that there’s some kind torque sensor on that motor that is failing. This is the second replacement motor on this thing. Replaced the drivers side motor at the same time and it’s been perfect. At the point I’ve put two new motors on the passenger side it feels like a truck issue and not a part issue.
mirror motors are a passive component both the adjuster motor and folding motor, you will not get any code for them. either they work or they don't
so looks like time for #3

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mirror motors are a passive component both the adjuster motor and folding motor, you will not get any code for them. either they work or they don't
so looks like time for #3
To be clear, I liked your response. But I don’t. -__-

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be clear, I liked your response. But I don’t. -__-
if the adjuster motor is bad and you have a memory function set it could by trying to get to where it is being commanded but can't so it just tries and gives up
and if it is attempting to fold and doesn't then usually the gear on the motor cracked so it may wiggle and give up as well

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not, I think, a memory function. I press the fold out, it does, then tries to overextend twice. Same problem the original had. Folds out. Clack clack. And stops. Fold in. Clack. And stops. First guess is the plastic gear has broken again in the first two months of use, after the first broke in the fist 30 minutes. But the cause… idk.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at diagrams, the side mirrors are powered by their respective door modules.
Even though the BCM maybe commanding it, the door module is doing the work...

Not saying that's the problem, but MAYBE a possibility..
osrvmfolding.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knfosty