Belltech 2410FF Shock Measurement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have one of these shocks on hand can measure the bolt hole to bolt hole length at full extension?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have one of these shocks on hand can measure the bolt hole to bolt hole length at full extension?

According to Summit, 20.5" (13" compressed)

I'd say this is accurate cuz I compared the dimensions of the Bilstein shock that I'm running to that Belltech shock and found that they were nearly identical: 20.39" extended, 13.01" compressed.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Summit, 20.5" (13" compressed)

I'd say this is accurate cuz I compared the dimensions of the Bilstein shock that I'm running to that Belltech shock and found that they were nearly identical: 20.39" extended, 13.01" compressed.
Yeah I wasn't sure if that was eye to eye or OAL. I'll be getting a set of these I think. That measurement should keep my coils snug enough at full droop.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't sure if that was eye to eye or OAL. I'll be getting a set of these I think.

With shocks, I've only known the eye-to-eye to be the advertised measurement since that's the functional dimension.

That measurement should keep my coils snug enough at full droop.

You have shock extenders?

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With shocks, I've only known the eye-to-eye to be the advertised measurement since that's the functional dimension.

You have shock extenders?

Yes sir. Now today I felt it bottom out on the r/r for the first time going through a dip in a driveway entrance. The factory length shocks I have on it right now are 24" at full droop, not sure what the compressed length is on these. I plan to figure that out over the weekend and look at the panhard and sway bar for any contact marks.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. Now today I felt it bottom out on the r/r for the first time going through a dip in a driveway entrance. The factory length shocks I have on it right now are 24" at full droop, not sure what the compressed length is on these. I plan to figure that out over the weekend and look at the panhard and sway bar for any contact marks.

We have right about the same drop so we should have the same suspension clearance issues and should need the same mods. You've seen my thread so you should know where all to look for the contact points.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have right about the same drop so we should have the same suspension clearance issues and should need the same mods. You've seen my thread so you should know where all to look for the contact points.

Yup that's a bible read on here and reference tool.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks like the factory type shock is around 24" extended and 14.75" compressed. So that's a 9.25" stroke.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the factory type shock is around 24" extended and 14.75" compressed. So that's a 9.25" stroke.

With a 5" drop and 2" extenders, the shock "sees" a 3" drop (disregarding the arc radians to keep the napkin math cleaner). So, to maintain factory ROM, you'd need a shock 3" shorter than stock. 24 - 3 = 21. That BT 2410FF is 3.5" shorter at 20.5", so, it'd reduce the droop from the factory geometry by .5".

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a 5" drop and 2" extenders, the shock "sees" a 3" drop (disregarding the arc radians to keep the napkin math cleaner). So, to maintain factory ROM, you'd need a shock 3" shorter than stock. 24 - 3 = 21. That BT 2410FF is 3.5" shorter at 20.5", so, it'd reduce the droop from the factory geometry by .5".

This is the kind of sht that makes me love you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roflwaffle

Latest posts