Belltech lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently bought a belltech lowering kit and was trying to get it installed but I'm having a few doubts about it since I've been told that the tires might rub. I've also been told that it would be fine that I just need to get the tires aligned again. The lowering kit I got drops 2 inches in the front and 3 in the back. on my Tahoe I've got 24inch rims. 305 35r 24 are the measurement for my tires any helpful advice is greatly appreciated- Jordan

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you rub it'll be very little. I had a 4/6 drop with same size tires and I only rubbed at full lock. Which was fixed by a little trimming and massaging.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
@big buttons just out of curiosity was it costly to have a shop install your kit?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

arujamyg.jpg

Here is a pic of the lowering kit and a roll pan I will be putting on

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing a little love from a heat gun won't fix. Warm it up and stretch it out. A nip here and tuck there. All's well again.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lowering keys won't ride as good as if you would have gotten the drop spindles, just an fyi.

But I did the drop myself. but no more than 1-200 bucks I think.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Oh okay I see I paid 150 for my kit but I've gotten quotes for some one to put it on they want to charge 515 without alignment

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that's a lot. You don't have access to a jack and jack stands? It's really easy to do yourself...

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Yeah I do but I can't work on my car where I live management goes all crazy about stuff like that and is it really that easy?

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really is that easy... you dont have a buddies house you can do it at? It is not worth the money for some shop to rip you off installing something so easy.

Only thing you might want to do is have it towed to an alignment shop if your alignment is off by a lot.

I did my drop at my school and just had it towed to the alignment shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts