Belt squeal(or so I thought)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

packfootball

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 06 Yukon xl, squeal coming from somewhere, can't find it. I have replaced all belts and also replaced idle and belt tensionors. What am I missing? I will say when car is running spray with belt dressing squeal will stop for about 5 minutes. Please help this is driving me crazy

Yukon&Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You replaced both belts (Serp & AC belt too??)? Did you replace them with a "good" belt (Goodyear Gator Back's!!!!)????

OP
OP
P

packfootball

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As far as I can tell all pulleys are ailigned.

No, to using gator back belts, used the best offered at Oriellys

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Power steering pump shaft, should it be flush with pulley or sticking out of the pulley(around an inch)?

kmccart

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem with my 2002 Yukon SLE. My husband has changed all the belts (including the ac belt) changed the pulley's and tensioner's, ALL OF THEM, even changed the clutch fan which shut it up for about 2 months......ran it through the car wash today, and it is right back to screaming!!! Any idea's???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065