best brands for brake rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boardrider05150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I wanted to get your opinions about what brands are really good for brake rotors. I wanted to replace my rotors with drilled and slotted ones. I'm looking for something on the more high performance end. I tend to drive my kon as if it was a sports car so i figured i should go with the drilled and slotted kinds. Plus the look cool too..haha. Any ideas? comments? Thanks y'all!!

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i just got in some drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads. they are R1 concepts and got them on ebay for $168. i dont have them on yet but i might have them on tomorrow.i also have SS brake lines already on.im sure there are way better brakes out there but these should be fine for me.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
I have SSBC (Stainless Steel Brake Company) slotted rotors & pads on mine. The next set may be some Powerslot rotors.

I'd like to hear what others say as well besides Hawk pads.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got in some drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads. they are R1 concepts and got them on ebay for $168. i dont have them on yet but i might have them on tomorrow.i also have SS brake lines already on.im sure there are way better brakes out there but these should be fine for me.

Be careful with those Ceramic brakes. Test them when cold, to get used to them. I just about went through the wall of my garage, because the Ceramics don't do much until they are HOT!. :)

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my PowerSlot Rotors/Hawk Pads combo. Highly recommend it.

RVMS

Reaction score
This makes me curious too, does anyone have cryo-treated rotors?

I've always wanted to know if the cryo-treatment is worth the price.

2K6TBSS

Reaction score
I had a set of R1 Concept slotted rotors and Hawk Pads on my 2006 TBSS. They were a huge improvement over the stock setup.

I am going to be ordering the same setup today for my 99 Denali.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Another vote for PowerSlot rotors and Hawk LTS pads. Great combo for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Open Road