Best Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian750

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fixing to do some general maintenance on my 08 and was wondering what everyone runs for spark plugs? Wondering if OEM is the way to go or switch over to a more expensive iridium spark plug would be better choice. Don’t want to do anything that could cause problems with my tahoe as it has 163,000 and is best vehicle I have ever owned. Also I don’t think my tahoe has ever had trans fluid changed. I’ve heard stories to leave it alone if it hasn’t at that mileage and to go ahead and do it. What’s your all’s take on the subject? Thanks for any info.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Fixing to do some general maintenance on my 08 and was wondering what everyone runs for spark plugs? Wondering if OEM is the way to go or switch over to a more expensive iridium spark plug would be better choice. Don’t want to do anything that could cause problems with my tahoe as it has 163,000 and is best vehicle I have ever owned. Also I don’t think my tahoe has ever had trans fluid changed. I’ve heard stories to leave it alone if it hasn’t at that mileage and to go ahead and do it. What’s your all’s take on the subject? Thanks for any info.

Most common response here is to go AC Delco iridium. Do the wires while you're at it. Either Delco OEM on those, too, or upgrade to Taylor. Don't get fooled by MSD.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
A lot of AC Delco plugs are made by NGK now.

I went with NGK Ruthenium plugs recently and they seem to work well. They are supposed to last longer than the Iridium plugs, which are rated for 100k miles... I suppose only time will tell.

Whatever you go with make sure to use anti seize on the plugs. These are steel plugs going into aluminum heads and staying there for 100k+ miles.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as the plugs go if your worried about it just put in the oem acdelco. however i run ngk in everything i own anymore. as far as your transmission goes it totally depends on how it was treated for 163k. cruising family hauler grocery getter yes i might go ahead and do a trans service depending on how the fluid looks. if it has been ridden hard and put away wet, towing hauling heavy acceleration regularly blah blah. then no id leave the transmission alone but again depends on the condition of the fluid. if it still mostly looks like transmission fluid doesn't smell burnt and doesn't have a gritty feel then i still might do the trans service.

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is never a reason to not get the OEM or OEM-maker/same design spark plugs (unless you drive a Subaru). If you want to experiment, buy NGK or Denso brand and move on with life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius