Best way to support engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meathead16

Reaction score
I desperately need to change both my motor mounts and am wondering what is the best way to support the engine while I have them out. I know about the block of wood under the oil pan but that method still makes me nervous just cause of the dire consequences if it were to go wrong. I remember on my previous fwd car there was a structural spot where the trans and engine mated that I could use that was strong enough to support it and raise it when needed without the worry of crushing the oil pan. Is there any spot like this on my 6.0? I couldn't see anything but hoping I'm missing something. I don't have any screw type jack stands and would just be using a trolley jack.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can get your hands on a engine hoist that would be the easy safe way. lift one side of the engine up at a time and swap the mount.

floor jack and a 2x6 across the oil pan should work too tho. ive done the fwd 2x6 across the oil and trans pan to change the mounts as well. most of the time they hold up well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flacostahoe