Blacking out taillights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to know how to tint my taillights the "right way". i notice alot of blacked out taillights look perfect and shiny. mine are flat looking and have weird paint variation. help!

are you planning on doing this yourself if so let me know i can guide you thru it

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I had a bodyshop guy do mine. It was Sprayed on, Wet sanded and Cleared

picture.jpg
picture.jpg

Last edited:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOOKS GOOD! Guy on here DEVS 93 does the same thing for $30 for tail lights...want the 3rd brake light $35 ****** MINT!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOOKS GOOD! Guy on here DEVS 93 does the same thing for $30 for tail lights...want the 3rd brake light $35 ****** MINT!

That is really cheap. My buddy charges $25 a light but luckly did mine for free :)

I had a bodyshop guy do mine. It was Sprayed on, Wet sanded and Cleared

We sanded mine with some sort of stuff in a tube and scotch brite then mixed some black in with a lot of clear then buffed. They turned out really shiny or at least as shiny as the rest of the vehicle paint.

Devs93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive gotta how to thread on gmt400 or just hit me up for killer prices

also can do healights corner lights and whatever else

OP
OP
sopethree

sopethree

Reaction score
I tried

this is what i came out with when i tried, it lookes alot better now cuz i edited the picture.

Attachments

• black.jpg
    black.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 12
  • hoe1.jpg
    hoe1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
sopethree

sopethree

Reaction score
that looks ******* amazing! so dope

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

I had mine done by a shop that does them Basically they just put black paint in the clear and then clear the hell out of it..

that looks ******* amazing....so dope

OP
OP
sopethree

sopethree

Reaction score
cologne trick

I tried the VHT route, hate it...now need all new tail lights

try getting it off with ****** cheap cologne. trust me... it might sound weird but it works fir niteshade. also use some rubbing alchohol.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

are you planning on doing this yourself if so let me know i can guide you thru it

that would be great. im gunna try again at some point.

Old Painless

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was thinking about giving you the tail lights off my Yukon and buying myself some new ones... but after seeing some of these guys tail lights, I will probably get the stockers done up.

I'm not much help here Slappy... just figured I say hello and crap all over your thread. :Plugged:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925