Blend Door Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sharonvrla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I pulled the Blend Door Actuator on my 2000 Tahoe LS. Its the one under the Passenger dash to the left of the Cabin Air Filters location. Im having hell finding the correct replacement. Literally, the auto parts store says "it's a toss up between this one and this one". (which doesn't help at all...) Apparently, there are several Blend Door Actuators somewhere in my truck too. Ugh! Does anyone have a link or something to the correct replacement part? Ive attached three phots that might help...

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 4
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 4
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 4

Chevymec

Reaction score
If this is a NBS Tahoe with a 4.8/5.3 , that is your drivers side blend door actuator. I believe the only differences is if it has manual hvac or auto hvac. The only other blend door actuator is for the passenger side, which is buried up in the dash. You do have actuators for recirculate and mode.

OP
OP
sharonvrla

sharonvrla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If this is a NBS Tahoe with a 4.8/5.3 , that is your drivers side blend door actuator. I believe the only differences is if it has manual hvac or auto hvac. The only other blend door actuator is for the passenger side, which is buried up in the dash. You do have actuators for recirculate and mode.
It has manual HVAC. I took the part to the store yesterday. Took twenty minutes to get the right one ordered. It's the hottest part of summer up here but....a cold winter is coming and that is why I need this to work sooner than later! What does "NBS" mean? Im new to the Tahoe world---been driving Jeeps and motos most of my life. I love my Tahoe and I am so appreciative of this forum!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has manual HVAC. I took the part to the store yesterday. Took twenty minutes to get the right one ordered. It's the hottest part of summer up here but....a cold winter is coming and that is why I need this to work sooner than later! What does "NBS" mean? Im new to the Tahoe world---been driving Jeeps and motos most of my life. I love my Tahoe and I am so appreciative of this forum!
NBS - New Body Style - 2000-2006 (I believe)
NNBS - New New Body Style - 2007-2014

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Top actuator (TEMP) gm#89018365
Bottom actuator (TEMP) gm#89018365
RH actuator (AIR INLET) gm#89018365
LH actuator (MODE) gm#89018374
And then there are the actuators for the rear air, which I just ordered as mine quit working and blows hot air in the rear and overhead vents.

Rolexus

Reaction score
And then there are the actuators for the rear air, which I just ordered as mine quit working and blows hot air in the rear and overhead vents.
Yea, I replaced the front 2, both hard, especially one in upper center - 05 Tahoe. The rear one was way easier. After replacing, it worked for a few months - after market from Amazon. Big mistake, the original Delco are way more money but worth it.
THEN I found the rear “computer module” needs to be replaced. It’s a little black relay system to the left of the blend door module. Problem is, I can’t find one - out of production for the foreseeable future- none available. And I won’t go to auto wreckers for one
So now I need to set to run cold in summer, then open compartment and set to hot for winter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FBlanco