Blend doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hard way

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey I’m going to replace the entire dash in my 99 two door. Decided to replace the heater core and blend doors while I’m in there. Question:
How many blend doors are there?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are three dampers in the main box, one at the heater core and one at the blower for recirculation. RockAuto sells the GM ones. The heater and recirc actuators would be worth taking a look at as replacement is really tedious with the dash in.

You can quickly snowball into an evaporator and full a/c replacement if you get this far into it. Taking the box completely out (along with the evaporator) makes it easy to get everything sorted out.

OP
OP
H

Hard way

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are three dampers in the main box, one at the heater core and one at the blower for recirculation. RockAuto sells the GM ones. The heater and recirc actuators would be worth taking a look at as replacement is really tedious with the dash in.

You can quickly snowball into an evaporator and full a/c replacement if you get this far into it. Taking the box completely out (along with the evaporator) makes it easy to get everything sorted out.
Good copy. Thanks. Looking at a complete AC redo as well so this definitely makes sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonnaD

Latest posts