BlueFusion Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LadyTaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for some BlueFusion help.... I have a 2006 Yukon XL Denali. My hubby ordered me a Blue Fusion for Christmas and we are having some problems with it and I was wondering if anyone else had issues. We followed all the directions for the hookup and 1. None of the controls work, I can't answered or hang up calls just using the steering wheel controls and 2. My XM signal is all staticy and you can't even listen to it. I know the Bluefusion works because I can make calls and hangup using the controls on my phone. We called tech support and they send us "reset" instructions which we followed, called them again and they claimed it was the module. I ordered a new one and its the same problems. I really don't think my luck is that bad that I'd get two bad modules. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

angel.arteaga

Reaction score
Hi !

Just a few things to look at before determining a bad module:

1. Make sure that the wire labeled as "Constant 12v" is hooked up to a wire in the vehicle that has power AT ALL TIMES even when the vehicle is completely off. This is the memory wire and helps in remembering programming.

2. Make sure the wire labeled as "GND" or "Ground" has a GOOD ground connection. If you hooked this wire up to the oem radio's ground wire you might want to change it directly to chassis. This MAY or MAYNOT make a difference but still something to consider.

3. (Please correct me if im wrong) The correct way to install this Bluefusion Product is to CUT the oem SPEAKER WIRES behind the oem radio and install the Bluefusion Product IN-LINE with these wires. Make sure this was done and NOT simply TAPPING in the Bluefusion's wires.

4. When you mention "Steering Wheel Controls", are you refering to the OEM steering wheel controls or ones that are part of the Bluefusion Product ?

OP
OP
LadyTaz

LadyTaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi!

The Bluefusion that I have is all plug and play, there's no wires that need to be cut and yes I'm refering to the stock controls.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bluefusion module plugs in behind the radio if I recall. Newer ones tapped in off the XM box.

When I had my '06 Denali, I bought one...never could get it to work right, and wound up returning it. I ended up buying a Parrot handsfree and the harness to get the sound through the front speakers and it worked perfectly. I mounted the controller to the right of the HVAC controls and used it to answer and hang up. The display was bright enough to see who was calling.

angel.arteaga

Reaction score
@ Parthery:

Yeah I prefer Parrot myself it has always worked great !

@ LadyTaz:

OK, So Sometimes the OEM Steering wheel buttons have to be programmed to the functions of aftermarket equipment. Unless the Bluefusion states otherwise.

What about the YELLOW wire that is labeled under "12v Consant" ? Did you verify it has power at ALL times even when the vehicle is off ?

Did you also check your Ground ?

bigjim50010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the bluefusion bfcl2k for 3 years. Never had an issue. It plugs into the XM reciever located behind the glove box. All the streering controls function and the xm is clear. Best I can offer up is to unplug the unit and reinstall, when you tuck everything away make sure nothing is pinched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus