Bolt On Fender Flares, where?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcquack2

Reaction score
Looking for fender flares with the bolt on look to go on my 2000 Tahoe. I've searched this item for my Tahoe far more times then anything else. Practically obsessed with finding it. Does anyone know where you can get it? Or if someone already has it and has pics? I'm guessing modifications might be in order.

I have only ever found one example of it on the new body style, but its on a 2001 suburban in the movie Fast Five. The link below has 8 pics from the one in the movie. Also its an awesome site to look for cars/trucks in movies.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_357082-Chevrolet-Suburban-2001.html

I'm not hell bent on putting it on, I'm just really Curious George as to how well it could look, how awesome it could be on my grey Tahoe. I just want to know!

Attachments

• Chevy Suburban Bolt Fender Fast Five side view.jpg
    Chevy Suburban Bolt Fender Fast Five side view.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 75

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look like Bushwhacker flairs to me

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd looked quite a bit a few months ago. I never found anything other than stock looking ones that only extent 1.5". So I have up

OP
OP
mcquack2

mcquack2

Reaction score
I've looked at Bushwhackers, but only the basic kind fits. No bolt on looks. I also like the Z71 flar look, but i just want more options for the Tahoe.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just assumed they had them for SUV's since they had them for the trucks :shrug:

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they did, but stopped making them because its 2013.. And there probably is not much of a demand for NBS Tahoe 3-4" flares..

When I went to an offload shop they basically said I was SOL unless I wanted stock flares.

OP
OP
mcquack2

mcquack2

Reaction score
Too bad, not enough love going around for the Tahoes. They deserve it!

OP
OP
mcquack2

mcquack2

Reaction score
Make my own?

Just came across this video by accident. "How to make fibreglass bolt on fender flares"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSfmRsliy5o

Would I dare? Probably not. I like to go off road and I'm not sure how well a DIY fiberglass fender flare would hold up to the task. I know that fiberglass can be strong sometimes, but probably not if my hands are the one putting it together.:think:

But hey, if I want to make my own, I now have this instructional video for guidance. Except I would need to make it work with my doors opening.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Depending on the ones for Silverados fit, you might be able to mod em up to fit your Tahoe... Might be something to look into.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
If he had a suburban yes but not with a Tahoe. The rear wheel well is on the back seat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou