Bolt On Fender Flares, where?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mcquack2

mcquack2

Reaction score
Yep on the Tahoe you have to deal with the rear door right next to the fender, inches away.

BPB

Reaction score
I bet you could modify a set off a jeep. They are a two piece to account for the rear door.qugupeqe.jpg

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^same thing i was thinking but the empty space that will be from the cut you can close it with fiberglass sand and paint..honestly with some work id say thats the easiest way to do it

BPB

Reaction score
Wouldn't a suburban set have a more similar wheel arches

OP
OP
mcquack2

mcquack2

Reaction score

Dude, thanks for the pic,:D been on vacation for the last week and my phone wouldn't show me any pics on this thread. Glad to be home.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Suburban and Silverado (gmc counterparts) seem to have the same wheel arch dimensions on visual inspection. Fender flares for either one would work to fabricate with. It looks to match the Tahoe's, but the tahoe has the the rear door open within 1 inch of the arch.

I think it would take a lot of fabricating to get it to look nice with the door opening on the fender flare like they do with the z71 flares. I've never worked with fiber glass and I don't see myself able to mold it right and stand up to the force and vibrations of the rear door being opened and closed all the time.

I just wish bushwacker or whoever had made them available. oh well.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

So I have an easier idea instead of taking bolt on or rivet fenders for a Silverado or Surburban and try to fabricate it to work with the rear door.

:shocked:Take a Extended Fender from Bushwacker or whoever that is the wide fender look that's already made for the Tahoe's rear door and fabricate just the "Bolt-On" look part. No worries to me about making it work right with the rear door if its already made for it! :rockit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou