Borla XS to SLP Resonator Delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wardvette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're going to take it to a shop for welding and also don't like the SLP tips out of the box, I don't know that I would even get the SLP resonator delete. By the time you pay $90 for the kit, then extra for powder coating and welding, it would probably be easier and cheaper to just ask the shop to weld in the muffler, remove the resonator, and install a black tip.

The benefit of the SLP kit is you can install it yourself in the driveway in 30 minutes (I did it in 20 minutes with a recip. saw).

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to take it to a shop for welding and also don't like the SLP tips out of the box, I don't know that I would even get the SLP resonator delete. By the time you pay $90 for the kit, then extra for powder coating and welding, it would probably be easier and cheaper to just ask the shop to weld in the muffler, remove the resonator, and install a black tip.

The benefit of the SLP kit is you can install it yourself in the driveway in 30 minutes (I did it in 20 minutes with a recip. saw).

X2. I get a lot of compliments on how nice the sound of the exhaust is now too. I just did the SLP resonator deleate.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I don't know about high temp paint. But I had a tip powder coated and it didn't last a week before the edges started peeling. I wouldn't recommend powder coating exhaust parts.
Go ceramic if you must coat it.

OP
OP
Black Market

Black Market

Reaction score
I don't know about high temp paint. But I had a tip powder coated and it didn't last a week before the edges started peeling. I wouldn't recommend powder coating exhaust parts.
Go ceramic if you must coat it.

I used some Eastwood Undercarriage Chassis primer followed by a few coast of VHT (Very High Temperature) flameproof heat coating spray paint on my SLP Resonator Delete. After 1 week no issues whatsoever...Much cheaper than a ceramic coat.

Attachments

• IMG-20131015-01385_a.jpg
    IMG-20131015-01385_a.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 27

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Looks good I was just warning about powder

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Can you take a pic from the side?

OP
OP
Black Market

Black Market

Reaction score
Looks good I was just warning about powder

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Can you take a pic from the side?

Here you go....

Attachments

• IMG-20131015-01386.jpg
    IMG-20131015-01386.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 26

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Looks great man!

A suggestion though you could loosen the clamp and turn it so the bolt is on top so it is more hidden

OP
OP
Black Market

Black Market

Reaction score
Looks great man!

A suggestion though you could loosen the clamp and turn it so the bolt is on top so it is more hidden

Been meaning to get under there and move the bolt so it's outta site...and hit the clamp with some VHT paint!

OP
OP
Black Market

Black Market

Reaction score
The paint has held up on the tips themselves great...however not so good on the pipe leading up to the tips. I assume the pipe gets warmer than the tips and I probably could have done a better job prepping the metal before I painted. I may just get it ceramic coated and be done with it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065