Bose Radio Fan on when Car is off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suzuki1000R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a used 2007 Tahoe with Factory Bose/Nav unit. When the car is off I hear what sounds like a fan still running inside the unit. I thought that it was just a cooling fan and would shut off when it was cool. But everyday when I go out to start the car its still on.

Has anyone else ran into this?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it a cd spinning in there? Mine does that.

But yours is stock and you said it does it all the time. Strange

SLT Kon-Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you're hearing when you open either of the doors is the navigation disc booting up, will do it everytime, and normally will shut off when you open the drivers door to exit the vehicle...someone chime in if I'm wrong on this, but I found this to be the case with mine...

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is the Nav disc. It begins reading it the second you do anything with the vehicle, so it will be ready to navigate by the time you start it.

If you want to confirm, go to your truck, sit inside and leave it off and don't touch anything. If the sound goes away after 2-3 minutes, it's just the disc check.

OP
OP
S

Suzuki1000R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought that was it too but I took all discs including nav out and it still does it. I have sit in it for five to ten minutes reading a book to see if it would stop and it never does.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh...then that doesn't sound so normal. Might want to get the dealer to check that.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
2007 and earlier? So they started adding the fan in 2008 models? I wonder why they chose to do that. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate