Brake lights on my 2005 Tahoe don't work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mmorreale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My brake lights don't work on my 05 Tahoe but all others do. I have checked all the fuses n bulbs, changed the brake light switch and the rear lights circuit board. They still don't work, not even the third brake light. I'm getting 12 volts at the circuit board but no brake lights. Help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mmorreale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
05 Tahoe brake lights not working. Help!

My brake lights don't work on my 05 Tahoe but all others do. I have checked all the fuses n bulbs, changed the brake light switch and the rear lights circuit board. They still don't work, not even the third brake light. I'm getting 12 volts at the circuit board but no brake lights. Help!

ctmahanes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve your issue? Curious of the solution as I have the same problem after checking bulbs and fuses and changing brake light switch.

Thanks.
2003 Tahoe LT

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Nevermind. New brake switch was bad (thanks AutoZone!). Cleaned contacts of old switch and it works great!

xwt572

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mmorreale, it could be a 20 amp fuse under the hood, it says veh. stop.
That one blew on my 2002 yukon xl.
I didn´t have brake lights either incl. third.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts