Brought a new (to me) Burb home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
Yeah, should be a good rig. After finding the broken bolts we thought about fixing it and sending it down the road, we're into it pretty cheap so we would still come out ahead, the problem is we just like it so much. It's comfy, gets good MPG, especially for the size, and should be all figured out. I will find out for sure next year, i think the AC is going to need something at some point, but beyond that she should be pretty dialed in at this point. And i will likley need to do lower ball joints up front as well, but that can wait for the house to be done. They aren't in "need" of replacement, but more so in a "i should replace it soon" kind of deal. lol

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
New windshield went on the burb Friday, and we found a bad seal on the schrader valve for the AC, so hoping that's the culprit of the AC, but at this point in the year i won't really know until next year.

And thanks to you guys i just ordered Escalade mirrors because my wife and i both hate the low visibility available to us on the stock burb mirrors. And being that i don't want to give up Power Folding, moving to tow mirrors is a non starter.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
And thanks to you guys i just ordered Escalade mirrors….
First time i looked at this gen I thought those mirrors looked too small. Then first time i drove one I thought those mirrors ARE small! So that is on my list as well.

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
Yeah, mine should hopefully show up this week, might be able to install soon, might not. Right at the tail end of our house being rebuilt, so the question is whether to use my garage in a couple of weeks and my tools, or use my buddy's garage and have to scrounge for tools since his selection is wanting to say the least....Should be a pretty easy job though. I've been surpsied by the amount of people saying 2-3 hour times on doing it, i was thinking it should probably take about a half hour for both sides realistically. But haven't checked to see how hard GM made the door panels to come off, they are usually pretty simple

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
i'm honestly at a loss as to why people are saying 2+ hours for this, their beer breaks must be epic. it's 2 trim pieces, 4 bolts, and Christmas trees, pull the panel (the video 1A did fully pulled the panel, i'll let mine hang most likely) disconnect the harness, pull the harness retainers, 3 nuts for the mirror, and reverse to put back together. I'm pretty sure i could do this swap faster then the wife takes a shower in the RV.....anyhow. As long as the mirrors show up, i'll get it done in the next week or two

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DogRig