Brush/Grill Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishingwizard

Reaction score
Does anyone make a brush guard that does not mount? clip on to the bumper but mounts to the tow hook bolt holes?

Thanks.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Proguard make one that I use. It's a police style pushbar

OP
OP
fishingwizard

fishingwizard

Reaction score
Thanks. I was looking for the full brush guard with the head light protectors. I do like some of those other products, like the drawer system.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket brush guards only attach to the frame via the tow hook mounts.

Yhe only one that I know of that used the bumper as a secondary mounting point was the OEM Z71 brush guard

OP
OP
fishingwizard

fishingwizard

Reaction score
Most of the ones I have found do NOT mount the tow hooks unless I am looking at the wrong ones... They use clips and mount directly to the bumper only. My sister has a 95 2dr and hers mounts to the bumper.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@fishingwizard I'm not saying your wrong, just saying what I have seeing.

I'll try and post of pics of the one I'm getting off a donor truck Friday

OP
OP
fishingwizard

fishingwizard

Reaction score

Thanks for the link. I have seen a lot of those similar to the go industries that do mount on the tow hooks for the newer body styles. I have yet to find one that I like for my OBS. I am looking for something more like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-95-99-...ash=item3a8ed8a67c:g:GrcAAOxyDEVScB0f&vxp=mtr

But the ones I have found have mounted to the bumper. I didn't take your response as I was wrong. If I implied that I apologize. Thanks again for your help.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can still find them Blackhorse. I think its exactly what your looking for. Its on my lifted Kon

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Initially what I wanted was just two single vertical pushers like they used to make for the old metal bumpers but I couldn't find anything. I don't think they could be mounted directly to the bumper anyway. I didn't really like the bull bar look and everything else was too huge. Eventually I stumbled across the Go Industries. For me it was a bit of a compromise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rfelion2

Latest posts