Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daughters daycare just got shut down again for Covid. We never seem to have symptoms but it’s becoming quite the nuisance now. Luckily the wife gets Covid time at her job

Didn’t mean to thread jack. Definitely thought this Covid conversation was goin on in the “ what you up to “ thread lol

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daughters daycare just got shut down again for Covid. We never seem to have symptoms but it’s becoming quite the nuisance now. Luckily the wife gets Covid time at her job

Didn’t mean to thread jack. Definitely thought this Covid conversation was goin on in the “ what you up to “ thread lol
No worries - Right now, COVID is part of the Burken Boys' and Girl's Journey so why not!

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Success! Joseph’s truck is back up and running again. Took a while to get back to it with COVID taking a tour through the family and work schedule, but decided today was going to be the day, even though it only reached 15° outside. Put a new set of plugs in it while we were at it. He needs to change the oil still, but we needed to wrap it up for the day so we can go watch a play that Molly is in tonight.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Came home from work tonight and saw this. Javier was shoulder deep into putting new shocks on his truck. I wasn’t able to offer him much help as I needed to head out shortly after getting home, but did show him a few tips on dealing with rusty bolts. He stuck with it and was able to get the two front shocks done. He was just wrapping up as I got back home. I did suggest that he take the wheels off, but he was determined to do it with them on. Afterwards, he admitted that taking them off would have made the job easier. He’s learning and that’s what I think is the important thing. I could see the look of pride in a job done on his face, which as a dad is pretty cool.9F520C1F-28AC-4E32-AD50-A5756CDA63EE.jpeg626F61DE-B035-484D-B6B8-6042ED2D9F8F.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came home from work tonight and saw this. Javier was shoulder deep into putting new shocks on his truck. I wasn’t able to offer him much help as I needed to head out shortly after getting home, but did show him a few tips on dealing with rusty bolts. He stuck with it and was able to get the two front shocks done. He was just wrapping up as I got back home. I did suggest that he take the wheels off, but he was determined to do it with them on. Afterwards, he admitted that taking them off would have made the job easier. He’s learning and that’s what I think is the important thing. I could see the look of pride in a job done on his face, which as a dad is pretty cool.View attachment 365694View attachment 365695
When did I miss him getting an F250?! Good for him on a job well done!!

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did I miss him getting an F250?! Good for him on a job well done!!
He bought the F-350 about a month ago. He will soon be getting a lesson on replacing exhaust manifold studs and then spark plugs. We have an arsenal of stud removal tools at the ready and the kit for extracting spark plugs that may be subject to the Triton grip.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He bought the F-350 about a month ago. He will soon be getting a lesson on replacing exhaust manifold studs and then spark plugs. We have an arsenal of stud removal tools at the ready and the kit for extracting spark plugs that may be subject to the Triton grip.
Ah ok! Good for him!! Lots of hands on learning experience!! I just got a similar lesson with my Denali, will be sharing it in my build thread soon!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Came home from work tonight and saw this. Javier was shoulder deep into putting new shocks on his truck. I wasn’t able to offer him much help as I needed to head out shortly after getting home, but did show him a few tips on dealing with rusty bolts. He stuck with it and was able to get the two front shocks done. He was just wrapping up as I got back home. I did suggest that he take the wheels off, but he was determined to do it with them on. Afterwards, he admitted that taking them off would have made the job easier. He’s learning and that’s what I think is the important thing. I could see the look of pride in a job done on his face, which as a dad is pretty cool.View attachment 365694View attachment 365695
That's awesome. I miss watching my boy working on stuff, and him helping me. I see Javier has the $hitbox edition F 350 lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
victorrocha