Buttons on my Escalade radio are wearing off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twizzer18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also had the climate control assembly replaced in Feb 2012 needless to say about a year later they were peeling away again. I do not find it worth my time to go back to the dealer about this since they already replaced it once for free.

Here is a site that sells the stickers: http://controlbuttonrenu.com/

gmetcalf18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there anything to quote or refrence when talking to the dealer about this issue? I got my 09 certified Yukon XL about a month ago, and the be blunt the dealer was an ******* about the buttons peeling off, it is a certified car and I did get it at a good price but he said he would have to order a new unit for around $1200 and he'd be out that much blah blah blah. I asked what happened if I broke a button in the future he pointed me twords the sticker or nail polish option. Now that I see it should have been fixed I'd like to go speak to said dealer and watch him personally replace it in my truck because when I think certified I think like new not buttons worn off or molding falling off just like my driver side molding one day after I took it home. Luckily I found this site and I'm just going to take off the molding but I do want my buttons fixed.

Thanks in advance

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
My AC fan buttons are chipped and the dealer said this is due to perfume/cologne and oils in human skin (?) however they would replace the unit once, as a courtesy, at no charge.... but I'm still under warranty. Within a year I'll be in the same boat again though, unless the wife and I begin wearing gloves.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything to quote or refrence when talking to the dealer about this issue? I got my 09 certified Yukon XL about a month ago, and the be blunt the dealer was an ******* about the buttons peeling off, it is a certified car and I did get it at a good price but he said he would have to order a new unit for around $1200 and he'd be out that much blah blah blah. I asked what happened if I broke a button in the future he pointed me twords the sticker or nail polish option. Now that I see it should have been fixed I'd like to go speak to said dealer and watch him personally replace it in my truck because when I think certified I think like new not buttons worn off or molding falling off just like my driver side molding one day after I took it home. Luckily I found this site and I'm just going to take off the molding but I do want my buttons fixed.

Thanks in advance

Hey there,

I am sorry to learn that you did not have a great experience at the dealership and are continuing to have a vehicle issue. I cannot guarantee anything but I would like to look into this for you. Could you private message me including a brief overview of you concern, contact information, VIN, exact mileage, and dealership?

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

dkman610

Reaction score
After a week of talking to Jennifer T. and going to the dealership, they called back and closed my case as "dissatisfied" because the dealership and GM both wouldn't offer any assistance with this topic, I guess only thing I lost was time, it doesn't hurt to ask, however talk about a very petty problem to have in a vehicle that cost as much as theirs do... Annoying for sure, but I'll just "choose my battles" on this one...

SBCT

Reaction score
After a week of talking to Jennifer T. and going to the dealership, they called back and closed my case as "dissatisfied" because the dealership and GM both wouldn't offer any assistance with this topic, I guess only thing I lost was time, it doesn't hurt to ask, however talk about a very petty problem to have in a vehicle that cost as much as theirs do... Annoying for sure, but I'll just "choose my battles" on this one...

Disappointing to say the least. Sounds like the same old GM customer service we've grown accustomed to.

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had the climate control assembly replaced in Feb 2012 needless to say about a year later they were peeling away again. I do not find it worth my time to go back to the dealer about this since they already replaced it once for free.

Here is a site that sells the stickers: http://controlbuttonrenu.com/

Anybody tried these? They are expensive but other than replacing the unit (with a used one that might start peeling immediately anyway), it might be the best option.

I need to fix some buttons on my newly acquired 09 bus.