C A I noise volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do this mod before getting a tune, but I don't want to add any interior engine noise. Are they as loud on this truck as on most others?

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least as loud, and louder than what I've used on a lot of other cars and trucks. Plus, they add almost nothing by themselves,,,,,,,except noise.

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the GM Performance intake on this weekend. It's definitely noticeable but in a good way. Its not loud but its throaty. The throttle response is actually noticeable. When under WOT it doesnt squeal anymore like it's gasping for air but has a continuous throaty sound all the way through shifts. Highly recommend this mod. Highly

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to add any noise, then don't do it. It does add noise. Some call it a good noise, but I just call it noise. At first I thought I had an exhaust leak, then realized it was the cai I just put on.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Thanks for the vid clip. I have the same muffler and it doesn't seem like it increases that much. Would you say you hear the muffler more or the intake?

i notice muffler more over intake. Intake you only hear when WOT. Muffler changes sound all across Rpm band. Keep in mind I have a closed Cai, Volant so its going to sound louder if you go with a open intake like K&N

OP
OP
N

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the aFe si2 with the dry filter as it came VERY highly recommended from a friend that owns a tuning shop. Now I just cant wait for it to get here!

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others have said its only noticeable on WOT. But even during WOT it's not noticeable in the cabin when windows up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate