Can I level front with bilstein 4600

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 Tahoe Z71 with the z71 suspension (springs in the back) no auto ride

It’s a daily driver, mainly freeway, no towing or off-roading.

I just ordered the 4600 series,

Can I still level the front end with this model? If so what is the best way?

Stock torsion keys cranked up or aftermarket keys? I think I read aftermarket keys uncranked.

Can someone post a link to some that would work for my application? Thanks

Is this what I need?

I’m going to be taking it to the shop next week to have the work done

Any recommendations. I’m running 275/55r20 right now but in the future possibly 285/70r17

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Aftermarket lift keys uncranked or maybe halfway up with 2-3” shock extenders should be fine that’ll give you clearance to clear 33s and cranked up clear 35s on stock wheels

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The torsion key kit you linked will work to level your front end. You may not even need the shock extenders, however...

4600s are typically used for stock height, 5100s for slightly lifted, but I believe they are internally the same so you should be okay with just a 2" level. Maybe someone with more experience with the differences between 4600/5100s can chime in.

285/70R17s are only .8" taller (32.2") and .9" wider (10.8") than your current setup, you should be good to go there.

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses

I’m starting to think I might of made a mistake and just went with the 5100 series since they make them to be fitted from 0-2.5 lift so even at stick height they would have worked and would have had the option to level later or now.

I could still return the 4600 series if I decide I want to level the front. Not sure if I even should level or not. I guess I’ve been doing too much reading on the pros and cons of it

Also I want to avoid shock extenders as I’ve read that they could not be safe. I’m still new to all this suspension leveling and all.

bobsburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know what you've been reading but the only reason I know NOT to level is if you're towing, which you say you aren't. If it was me, I'd level away but with the 5100s, especially if you can exchange. Probably less expensive than 4600s and spacers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3