can not get my 95 tahoe to shift into park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLIMS64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It will not start in park I have to shift it into neutral to start it, it shifts into every other gear, just no park. Has anyone on here had this problem or herd of it before. Thanks in advance for any help.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Wrong sub forum but check your linkage on the left side of tranny. If still no go there is an issue in the steering column or the parking prawl assembly in the tranny pan might be jamming. disconnect the external linkage and try putting it in park separately on the column and by hand on the tranny. Which one works?

Vette_13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine had this issue recently, truck would not let me get into park.. I looked under truck and cable to linkage was ok, was able to push the shift link into park by hand.. Took a look under the driver side carpet only to find my shift cable rusted out and almost falling apart.. Replaced the shifter cable easy fix.. remove driver seat and parts under dash to get to cable and simply replace.. No issues anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES