Can't find MTX Thunderform Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scarpin16

Reaction score
I am wanting to purchase the MTX Thunderform box that is concealed in the rear driver side panel of my 02 Yukon. I'm simply wondering if anyone knows where I may be able to find one for a decent price. I have heard of people finding them without the woofer or the amp but I can't seem to find that anywhere. Please send me any links that may be helpful!!!! Thanks guys!!

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
I know. I have no idea why people would do this? For 300 you can have one custom built AND get a decent sub.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking as well, and havent talked myself into spending the money yet just to hide something i already have but definately on my list. Im gonna see what a shop would charge to build one, anybody checked at shops yet?

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed one a couple years back in a friends Tahoe and it sounded great. He got the one loaded and it was too simple. $300 for a custom built box with woofer is a hell of a deal. A decent custom bult box would cost that then you have to buy a woofer and hope the built box has the proper air space to sound as good. I have owned a couple other Thunderforms in a supercrew and a ranger and loved them. Dont let the price scare you off.

EFAJEEP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you put the box in the panel do you leave the panel cover off? Does anyone have a pic of this installed?

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
i plan on building one myself soon but $300 for one that is custom built sounds about right minus the sub. i prefer custom built cause it can be built to the specs of the sub and not just general air space where its hit or miss. i'm gonna build one for like 2-8" JL's or either 1-10" or 12" JL. not sure yet. i don't want a lot of bass just enough for me to hear inside the truck. i have on JL 8" right now and it bumps pretty dam good. its a JL ported enclosure and is very small. i plan on taking lots of pics when i do start building it. just waiting for it to warm up a bit down here. its too dam cold!!!