carfax help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
got a carfax for my 07 yukon i just bought and it says structural damage but does not go into detail about what happened can anyone help point me in the right direction of someone who can help me maybe with my vin # or something like that it rides great just a couple of small wierd things and noises here and there,all help is greatly appreciated!!

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the carfax list any accidents? Usually, if the car was involved in an accident, you will see the police department along with the police report number printed on the carfax.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an accident reported on mine and I was able to track down the original owner and talk to him about it. Fortunately for me, it was just a minor fender bender but you might be able to get the prior owners phone number from maybe a dealer, the seller, or police report and ask him about it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Y

yukonali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
got the yukon from pacific auto auctions in modesto,california.the carfax i got two days before purchasing vehicle said all was clear and good,no reports so i bought it and upon receival there was a second carfax that said seller disclosed structural damage at auction but this info was not on the first one.the wierd thing is this truck put on 10,000-12,000 miles per year from 06-08 and then from 08-2012 it only got 6,200 miles put on it ,somethings not right,but i guess the cool thing is there is fresh new parts and an entire new paint job(black vehicle)so i guess its not all bad and im good with a wrench as well just curiousity getting to me!!

TahoeLTZ2007

Reaction score
If you're worried,have the alignment checked by a frame shop and they will be able to tell you all about any repairs.
If it comes back straight and true to factory specs you have nothing to worry about.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the yukon from pacific auto auctions in modesto,california.the carfax i got two days before purchasing vehicle said all was clear and good,no reports so i bought it and upon receival there was a second carfax that said seller disclosed structural damage at auction but this info was not on the first one.the wierd thing is this truck put on 10,000-12,000 miles per year from 06-08 and then from 08-2012 it only got 6,200 miles put on it ,somethings not right,but i guess the cool thing is there is fresh new parts and an entire new paint job(black vehicle)so i guess its not all bad and im good with a wrench as well just curiousity getting to me!!

If the first carfax was good and the second one had additional damages reported on it, WHY did you go through with the purchase?????

This whole thing sounds pretty fishy to me, as I also have never heard of a carfax report that has additional information put on "at auction". And why would I disclose that right at the time of auction but I will keep it all hush hush until then????

If you ask me, the auctioneer knew this and did not disclose it until the vehicle was sold. Then they told you, so you could not come back later, as they can now say "we told you so".

There are so many Tahoes and Yukons out there, i am wondering why you purchased this rig under those conditions, unless you of course paid a killer price for it.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the words out of my mouth. No sense in kickin a man when he's down see what you can find out from the frame shop. Lesson learned though bro :Handshake:

If the first carfax was good and the second one had additional damages reported on it, WHY did you go through with the purchase?????

This whole thing sounds pretty fishy to me, as I also have never heard of a carfax report that has additional information put on "at auction". And why would I disclose that right at the time of auction but I will keep it all hush hush until then????

If you ask me, the auctioneer knew this and did not disclose it until the vehicle was sold. Then they told you, so you could not come back later, as they can now say "we told you so".

There are so many Tahoes and Yukons out there, i am wondering why you purchased this rig under those conditions, unless you of course paid a killer price for it.

Big Bad Allis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car Fax is not reliable. It only works if someone reports it in the 1st place. Not everyone updates reports when repairs are made or problems arise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat