Center console lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmcturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone added padding and upholstered the center console lid on 03 up Bose center console. It's uncomfortable I've been using a towel but it slides all over. Does the escalade or Denali have a padded lid from the factory?

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone added padding and upholstered the center console lid on 03 up Bose center console. It's uncomfortable I've been using a towel but it slides all over. Does the escalade or Denali have a padded lid from the factory?

Mine isnt an 03 or up but its the same idea. I used the drawer liner from home depot and then used glue to stick it on after cutting it out. No more slipping.

edit: i read your post wrong, this could work i guess for arm padding.

IMG_0263_zps82fc5daf.jpg

Last edited:

Time2Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The 03-06 Escalade and Yukon Denalis have a really nice padded console lid. WAY more comfortable than that hard plastic lid. I've had both and will never go back to the hard plastic.

Here's a pic of a padded lid.

1045_console_lid1.jpg

Time2Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have the dimensions of the Denali console lid?

It's the same size basically as the non escalade/denali lid.

You can swap it onto a standard console and it doesn't look out of place at all as it follows all the same lines/shape.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont have a full console. Just the jump seat console, however I am building one and contemplating using the denali lid over my jumpseat lid depending on size.

Time2Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have a full console. Just the jump seat console, however I am building one and contemplating using the denali lid over my jumpseat lid depending on size.

It's 10.5" wide x 15.5" long

OP
OP
G

Gmcturbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So it will bolt right on and not look funny? Are they all leather? I got grey cloth

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just wondering why you need it padded? Don't you have captain chairs and therefore use the passed armrest? That is what I do, so I am missing the point as to why it matters if the center lid is hard and not padded???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968