Center console rear radio controls delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching on doing a custom sub box in the console, and I've spent some time on the truck sights. It seams the cubby is more common in the PUs than the full controls. You might have some luck finding one in PU at the junk yard.

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
Ive got an 01 and was wondering what needs to be done after the rear entertainment controls are removed to have rear sound. Right now I have my console completely out while I fabricate a trim panel to fill the hole where the controls were and put in outlets to replace the rear entertainment controls and have no sound out of my rear door speakers, d pillar speakers, or sub.

JesusArTorres

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to go that route with the rear console with cubby and air vents, what else would I need to change? I'm assuming something needs to be changed to get air to come out of there.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would need the air duct that runs through the console to under the dash.

JesusArTorres

Full Access Member
Reaction score

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh... I'm pretty sure there is one of those on each side, and then a Y that connects those the the duct under the dash. I could be wrong but that's how my 00 was. It may be different in 03+

I say just find a ext cab truck console...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts