Cheap iPod holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnatalie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, so I don't have any pictuers of the install (because I'm a deutschebag) but here's how it turned out. The mount is from Panavise. (http://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&id1=30&startat=1&--woSECTIONSdatarq=30&--SECTIONSword=ww) The cradle I fabbed from an old aluminum shelf I had laying around (note the high class faux woodgrain). The plug at the top is where I plug in the XM module FM tuner I re-wired. Used that same aluminum shelf to fab-up a bracket that fits perfectly into where the tape deck was, covered with pleather I took off an old CD catalog (I'm really startin' ta red-neck up on ya now ain't I). Switch is from Autozone (have to turn it off to get regular radio). The great part is that I happened to have all of this laying around (except fot the panavise mount. Had to return one from a previous vehicle to get one for my XL) . Anyways (again, deutschebag) works great for me, woodgrain is always a conversation piece. Enjoy!

Attachments

• iPod cradle.JPG
    iPod cradle.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Switches.JPG
    Switches.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
OP
OP
cnatalie

cnatalie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm working on it; appearently it's too big and I'm too dumb to figure out how to fix it. Until I do, just imagine it's really neat.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

See 'em? Now everyone will think you dumb when they read your response... at least until they read this one and realize that I edited it. I feel like I may have just time traveled. Now make like a tree and get out of here!

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yeah....looks nice! good job. i just got done hooking up an auxiliary jack the other day for my ipod, now I need to do something like this to mount it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimboG