Chevrolet Auburn Metallic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking this might be a nice color and a change from my usual choices. What does the community think of Auburn? Images would be a bonus something other than the promotional pics.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fell in love with that color last weekend when I saw it for the first time. It looks amazing when the sun hits it in a certain way. It certainly stands out, so I would go for it if that's your cup of tea.

My only dilemma is whether or not the Redwood Metallic color on the Yukon is the same color. If so, I'll be getting a Yukon AT4 in that color soon. I wish I had the luxury of seeing both colors side-by-side for a comparison. Honestly though, the Redwood Metallic looks a bit darker or more burgandy versus the Auburn Metallic. Well, on YouTube anyway.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fell in love with that color last weekend when I saw it for the first time. It looks amazing when the sun hits it in a certain way. It certainly stands out, so I would go for it if that's your cup of tea.

My only dilemma is whether or not the Redwood Metallic color on the Yukon is the same color. If so, I'll be getting a Yukon AT4 in that color soon. I wish I had the luxury of seeing both colors side-by-side for a comparison. Honestly though, the Redwood Metallic looks a bit darker or more burgandy versus the Auburn Metallic. Well, on YouTube anyway.

Looks like RPO G48 and WA-613G cover the three names used for this color.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looks like RPO G48 and WA-613G cover the three names used for this color.

Excuse my ignorance on the GMC/Chevy color coding system, but in a nutshell, you're saying that Redwood Metallic and Auburn Metallic are identical?

I'm a month away from getting my Yukon, so I'm trying to ramp up my efforts in finding a local Auburn Metallic or Redwood Metallic before I commit to that color. Part of me wants to play it safe and just get black, but if I did, it would be my 4th (out of 7) black vehicle.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance on the GMC/Chevy color coding system, but in a nutshell, you're saying that Redwood Metallic and Auburn Metallic are identical?

I'm a month away from getting my Yukon, so I'm trying to ramp up my efforts in finding a local Auburn Metallic or Redwood Metallic before I commit to that color. Part of me wants to play it safe and just get black, but if I did, it would be my 4th (out of 7) black vehicle.
Yes, and Caffeine Metallic too. Each brand often renames the paint based on focus groups.

BigWedWig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered a High Country in Auburn Metallic with the 3.0 yesterday. Have yet to actually see it. . The dealer had a “2022 GM Trucks and SUV” color swatch brochure. So, I got to a 2” square if it. What could go wrong!!

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally saw the Auburn Metallic in person today on a Premiere Tahoe today at my local Chevy dealership. I love the color a lot, and it's even better in person than I had ever imagined, but I don't think I could ever commit to that color long term. I tried imagining that color with black window molding, but something didn't seem right. Everyone's default car color always ends up being a conservative color (white, black, silver, blue, red). Hell, just look around you while you're on the freeway... My default color is black, so I think I'll just stick with that.... again.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Redwood Metallic is really starting to make me rethink my Onyx black AT4 I have on order.

Attachments

• Redwood 0.jpg
    Redwood 0.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Redwood 1.jpg
    Redwood 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 36

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so this happened... I ended up buying a Redwood Metallic AT4 today!!! It's in a different state, but I'm having it shipped to me. Both me and the dealer manager were concerned with the smog emissions here in California, but as it turns out, as long as it has a catalytic converter (which it does on the Cat-back exhaust), I'm good to go. I can't wait to see it in person when it arrives.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a great color! So many of these rigs are either black or white so it’s nice to see some variety now and then. I live in a pretty small town but all of a sudden there are a lot of 21/22 rigs running around and it seems nearly all of them are black or white

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road