Chevy Tahoe 2018 Engine 5.3l. Engine belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asset

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have engine belt slept away from tensioner wheel. and it is between tensioner wheel and engine. Obviously, it is tearing out. Car still move. Can i drive with it , i have less than a mile to dealership?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have engine belt slept away from tensioner wheel. and it is between tensioner wheel and engine. Obviously, it is tearing out. Car still move. Can i drive with it , i have less than a mile to dealership?
No. The belt turns the water pump, which is necessary to keep the engine cool, even for a mile. Driving it risks cylinder, head cracking. I have it towed, or cut the belt, unwrap it, and replace it yourself if you have the time and skills.

OP
OP
A

Asset

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the belt is turning, and all wheels are rotating,i t is just no belt at tensioner wheel

OP
OP
A

Asset

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No. The belt turns the water pump, which is necessary to keep the engine cool, even for a mile. Driving it risks cylinder, head cracking. I have it towed, or cut the belt, unwrap it, and replace it yourself if you have the time and skills.
the belt is turning, and all wheels are rotating,i t is just no belt at tensioner wheel

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the belt isn’t against the tensioner, then it’s incorrectly installed and will not last 30 servings if you fire it up.

OP
OP
A

Asset

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the belt isn’t against the tensioner, then it’s incorrectly installed and will not last 30 servings if you fire it up.
i know that question is, can i drive 2 miles to dealer ?

OP
OP
A

Asset

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it is pretty easy to fix, just push wheel tensioner and put back belt on it