Chirping coming from right rear - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gprivat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2012 Tahoe 205k miles. I have a rhythmic chirping that seems to be coming from the right rear tire area. It's not present at the beginning of the drive until I get to around 40mph. After that it's doesn't stop. It seems to coincide with the revolution of the tires. If the tires are turning fast, it chirps fast. If the tires are turning slower, it chirps slower.At first I thought it was the U-joints but I got under it and inspected them and they seem fine. The only thing that effected the noise was gently applying the parking brake while rolling and that seemed to stop it.
Any ideas?

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 Tahoe 205k miles. I have a rhythmic chirping that seems to be coming from the right rear tire area. It's not present at the beginning of the drive until I get to around 40mph. After that it's doesn't stop. It seems to coincide with the revolution of the tires. If the tires are turning fast, it chirps fast. If the tires are turning slower, it chirps slower.At first I thought it was the U-joints but I got under it and inspected them and they seem fine. The only thing that effected the noise was gently applying the parking brake while rolling and that seemed to stop it.
Any ideas?
Congrats on the 205k mileage! Keep her going! But put it on jack stands and see if you can duplicate the noise in the air to pinpoint it. Bearings, parking break and axles are a good place to check. Differential fluid changes if it hasn't been done recently

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Beat me to it. Same problem on my 05 Tahoe. New park brake shoes took care of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya