Cleaning frame/underbody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoodmanOX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone do this? Winter is coming to an end and while i was putting some new Bilsteins on this weekend I noticed a lot of dust and rust. I wanna clean it all up and paint it or something. Any suggestions? Products to use?

OP
OP
G

GoodmanOX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at wally world today and some some stuff Rustoleum makes. It's made for the frame/underbody and is rubberized and has rust inhibitors in it. It's like $8 a can. Thinking about using that, but I'm worried I'm going to eff something up when i apply it(like get it on the fuel lines, electrical lines, etc). How do i do it right? Just take my time and mask shit off?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
honestly it really doesnt matter where you get it at. i wouldnt touch the exhaust or driveshaft or obviously electrical connections.. im pretty sure your good on everything else

RenaliSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen this foaming soapy shit that you cover everything under the hood with and then *spray it off w/ a hose*(!) thats not safe to do, right? Also, what is the best cleaning agent for oil/grease/dust?

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've done the rubber undercoating and it's all rust again. seriously....forget the drill, you're going to need more power...go with an angle grinder with a wire wheel and then POR 15 the shit outta it. I'll be doing that this summer too. I'm going to POR 15 my 72 K5 when I get the floor pans welded in.