2013 Tahoe Two Questions...Enable/Turn on DRL and Disable Auto Door Unlock When Vehicle Placed in Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

herbert77060

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1. How do I turn on the DRL on my 2013 Tahoe?
2. How do I stop the doors (especially the passenger doors) from automatically unlocking when the vehicle is placed in park?

tuckerrnr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DRL should come on automatically when shifted out of park. You can change the lock settings using the buttons on the right side of the gauge cluster.

AUTO DOOR UNLOCK
This feature allows you to select whether or not to turn off the automatic door unlocking feature. It also allows you to select which doors and when the
doors will automatically unlock. See Programmable Automatic Door Lock for more information.

Press the customization button until AUTO DOOR UNLOCK appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to access the settings for this feature. Then press the customization button to scroll through the following settings:

OFF: None of the doors will automatically unlock.

DRIVER AT KEY OUT: Only the driver’s door will unlock when the key is taken out of the ignition.

DRIVER IN PARK: Only the driver’s door will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

ALL AT KEY OUT: All of the doors will unlock when the key is taken out of the ignition.

ALL IN PARK (default): All of the doors will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature. The current setting will remain.

Choose one of the available settings and press the set/reset button while it is displayed on the DIC to select it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

herbert77060

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DRL should come on automatically when shifted out of park. You can change the lock settings using the buttons on the right side of the gauge cluster.

AUTO DOOR UNLOCK
This feature allows you to select whether or not to turn off the automatic door unlocking feature. It also allows you to select which doors and when the
doors will automatically unlock. See Programmable Automatic Door Lock for more information.

Press the customization button until AUTO DOOR UNLOCK appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button once to access the settings for this feature. Then press the customization button to scroll through the following settings:

OFF: None of the doors will automatically unlock.

DRIVER AT KEY OUT: Only the driver’s door will unlock when the key is taken out of the ignition.

DRIVER IN PARK: Only the driver’s door will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

ALL AT KEY OUT: All of the doors will unlock when the key is taken out of the ignition.

ALL IN PARK (default): All of the doors will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature. The current setting will remain.

Choose one of the available settings and press the set/reset button while it is displayed on the DIC to select it.
Thank you very much. I will try the door lock setting in a few minutes. Do you have any idea why the DRLs don't come on automatically? They did on my 2000 Silverado and 2008 Express Cargo van.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo