Cleared the Corners on my Hoe....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tahoewhat, did i hear you say in a previous thread that you didnt like your projectors and switched back to stock? what was wrong with them. I was thinking of getting this halo projector + LED bumper light combo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

should I hold off on the halos and stick with stock + LED bumpers?

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Yeah, i liked them, but i tend to drive alot at nite and w/ those cheap halo projectors, you have to drill out the hole for the HID light, b/c its a little bigger than the stock. Well on one side i did it perfect, no problems, but w/ the other side, i drilled it uneven and the light output isnt right, instead of a projector line, (if that makes sense)

like this ---------- i have --- ___--- , lol,, it is like a U kind of.

Obvioulsy my fault, but even before i just didnt care for the light output of them. (why i got the hid's) But its worth a shot if you want to try them. I just need another light housing and im trying again. The light output wasnt bad, just i can see a lot better w/ my stocks. Untili i fix the problem..

Those lights you posted arent bad, id would give it a try, just see if they accept hids or not. And i see those have the hyperwhite led's (bumper lights) they didnt have those when i got mine, (yellow & hyperwhite) Kind of like those. Also, just know, the halo part, will not be bright, if its anything like mine. You can see it, but just dont think it will be like a bmw..

To sum it up, yeah im back to stock, messed up my lamp housing, drilled to much. Light output is OK, to me, its not the best. It is aftermarket, but you can retrofit a real projector in it. (im going to)
But all in all, i did like the look, will be going back to them when i fix my mess up.

Last edited:

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i liked them, but i tend to drive alot at nite and w/ those cheap halo projectors, you have to drill out the hole for the HID light, b/c its a little bigger than the stock. Well on one side i did it perfect, no problems, but w/ the other side, i drilled it uneven and the light output isnt right, instead of a projector line, (if that makes sense)

like this ---------- i have --- ___--- , lol,, it is like a U kind of.

Obvioulsy my fault, but even before i just didnt care for the light output of them. (why i got the hid's) But its worth a shot if you want to try them. I just need another light housing and im trying again. The light output wasnt bad, just i can see a lot better w/ my stocks. Untili i fix the problem..

Those lights you posted arent bad, id would give it a try, just see if they accept hids or not. And i see those have the hyperwhite led's (bumper lights) they didnt have those when i got mine, (yellow & hyperwhite) Kind of like those. Also, just know, the halo part, will not be bright, if its anything like mine. You can see it, but just dont think it will be like a bmw..

To sum it up, yeah im back to stock, messed up my lamp housing, drilled to much. Light output is OK, to me, its not the best. It is aftermarket, but you can retrofit a real projector in it. (im going to)
But all in all, i did like the look, will be going back to them when i fix my mess up.

Right on. Yeah, 240 is a pretty penny to try the halos and have them not work as i expected. i liked your setup, but i was going back and forth between keeping my stocks and just getting LED bumpers, or switching them both out. Yeah, I plan on putting HIDs in them and I'm afraid to have to drill anything. I like the hyperwhites too. I'm not a big fan of the yellow lights. I'll definitely look around to see if there are any better projectors out there.

Thanks for your help and advice!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem polo. There are some cheaper ones out there. Or even try local, as i did for the headlights. Got mine from craigslist. Brand new, just no box. i wanted them, tried them, still like them, but if halo is the reason you want, forget it. If i get time, i'll put them back on and show you.. Or search my posts, or i under member pics, i have some, titled 05 tahoe getting there...

But no problem man, here to help..

And thanks for the compliment, on likeing (sp) my setup.. Never really thought of tahoe that way.. .. lol... thanks,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mako671