Click/pop noise when steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MELLOWBOY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got this click pop noise everytime i im backin out my drive way ir turning sharp and got no idea what its from.. I didnt have this at all until i got my beltech bushing camber kit installed i just dont see why anything would chamge since just the bushings get swaped out anyone got any idea ?

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 does this too. I recently had my drivers side hub replaced and the shop didn't find any other problems. cv shafts are only on 4x4's right?

GM_Blood_1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah only 4x4's have them.. havent heard of bearings popping but it could be true, idk. that's why im in school for this lol

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a thread somewhere around here not too long ago regarding the front crossmember making a noise like this. There was a fix involving adding washers to the bolts that hold the crossmember on. I just tried a quick search, but could not find the thread...

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Found it...no wonder I remember it, I was the one who posted the links to the two solutions:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34756

OP
OP
M

MELLOWBOY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i check out my ball joints and my upper ball joints look good but i did get a little tiny bit of wiggle on my lower passanger side ball joint ... imma change that out but as i was checkin things out ... it looks like the torsion bar run into the lowercontrol arm ive never changed them so im guessing imma have to figure out how to get that torsion bar out the way so i can slide out the control arm any one know what im
talking about if so how is this job actually done ..

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Mine made some noise on the passenger front and turned out to be the upper control arm bushings where the arm mounted to the frame. It made a pop sound when turning the tire while the ride was stationary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1