Climate Control Issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Dual Climate Control in my Yukon and when I got in the truck yesterday the passenger side was spitting snowballs and the driver side was spitting fireballs. I had both thermostats set to 60 and the driver side was as hot as it could be. I put it back in the garage and took my other car. later last night i went out and tested it and both sides worked fine.

Anyone have this issue before?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Damn dude WTH?
Sounds like something may be screwed up or maybe clogged?
Never heard that problem before!

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
The Lincoln LS's have the same problems, and it's the Dual Climate Control Valve(DCCV) in those. I'm not sure if our trucks have them or not, but could be worth a shot.

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had the problem again, but i am sure it will pop up when its a nice cool 108 degrees outside. I'm thinking its the "thermostat control module." I have no idea what that is, but i know my extended warranty covers it. It just sounds like that is what it would be.

gringoloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does it when it is very hot outside and I have been idling a lot- exactly when I don't want it to happen. I have swapped out the head unit(for a different reason- bulbs) to no avail. Still does it. If I turn off the ignition and re-start the truck- everything is fine... Let us know if you figure it out.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
Mine does it when it is very hot outside and I have been idling a lot- exactly when I don't want it to happen. I have swapped out the head unit(for a different reason- bulbs) to no avail. Still does it. If I turn off the ignition and re-start the truck- everything is fine... Let us know if you figure it out.

that definately sounds electrical. possible relay sticking.

gringoloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discovered the solution to this one if anyone is having the problem this summer. Blend door control actuator. Located under dash in footwell on passenger side. Fixes you right up if you're having the dreaded driver's side vents shooting flames. FSC has a few write-ups...

jpbplb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this problem occasionally with my 05 Tahoe. Here's what I did (and you can find similar solutions on the Internet). It doesn't happen too often, but it seems to work:

Set system to Auto
Put driver's side temp to 60°, pasenger's side temp to 90°
Turn system off, wait about 30 seconds or so
Set system to Auto
Put driver's side temp to 90°, passenger's side temo to 60°
Turn system off, wait about 30 seconds or so
Set system to Auto, push and hold Auto button until double arrow appears, indicating both sides will adjust witht he driver's side. Set temp to desired temp and see if both sides are at same temp. Problem should go away.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 04 does it just about every time the battery is disconnected. i always do what jpbplb said to recalibrate it .

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
My Yukon does this occasionally too... I am going to try this - Thanks for posting it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925