Climate Control Temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diezelraccoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2003 Chevy Tahoe LT with the dual climate control with the LCD screen and two temp knobs. I just replaced the climate control module with an aftermarket Dorman unit. I noticed today that when it’s on bottom temp and I turn it up the temp does not really change until I go from 60 to 90 degrees. Could this be a blend door actuator issue?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No. Exercise your Dorman lifetime warranty and get another new HVAC control.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get the vendor to exchange it for one that works. Dorman's warranty is done through the retailer.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing: it was either COLD no matter what the temperature was set from 60-88, then at 90 it was full heat.

Was it doing this same thing before you replaced the control module?

On mine it was actually the little temperature sensor that has a wheel and goes on the driver's side headliner. I almost replaced the module thinking it was that...

OP
OP
D

diezelraccoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing: it was either COLD no matter what the temperature was set from 60-88, then at 90 it was full heat.

On mine it was actually the little temperature sensor that has a wheel and goes on the driver's side headliner. I almost replaced the module thinking it was that...
Now that I think of it above my head is that little fan above my head and it’s making a whining kind of sound

OP
OP
D

diezelraccoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Also I was not sure if it was doing the same thing cause the temperature dials on the factory unit would not work. You would try and turn up the temp and it would go crazy and just bounce around in the 60 to 70 degree range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aracka