cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonfever99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
whats the best cold air intake, (k&n...air aid...exc.
any info would be great thanks

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
hahaha falcon...

Volants a good system if you can afford it, helps keep the hot air out of the way from the filter..
K&N is decent, im not a fan of them considering the amount of oil that comes off the filter and all over the MAF sensor and TB..
Never had an airaid intake..
spectre..... not my style what so ever..

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put in my Airaid CAI w/ the modular intake tube last week. First I put in just the tube connected to the stock air box because it came in the mail first and I wanted to see its gains separately. Then a few days later the CAI/performance cone shaped air filter and the heat shield came in and switched those. Honestly I think I felt a majority of the performance (and sounds for that matter) from the intake tube with stock air box. All in all, I spent 100 on the intake tube shipped and 70 for the CAI/filter. The whole kit bundled together cost 300+ on summit so I got it for basically half price brand new and couldn't pass it up. The K&N 63-3058 dynos at 17hp and the Airaid @ 22hp. Who knows if those numbers are anywhere near correct, but it was WELL worth it regardless. I can feel the responsiveness when I step on it and it's not loud when driving.

jarthead

Reaction score
Felixgun, sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but I don't have the post count to send a PM. I was wondering where you picked up your Airaid CIA for so cheap. I was on the fence, but at this price I am all over it. Any suggestions on an inexpensive exhaust setup that will help MPG as well? Thanks in advance!

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Volant with the dry filter. Should be here end of week or early next. Will advise.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Wonder if a K&N CAI off a 454 vortec would work on my 350 Vortec. My K&N FIPK CAI for my 350vortec is screwed up bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee