cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Volant and it has pros and cons. The pro is the enclosed air box. I feel that this is a MUST. The con is that bolt pattern for the throttle body is slightly off. The bolts use a washer between the bolt head and the tube when mated to the throttle body. There is no room for the washer on the back bolt, so the bolt digs into the tube. This is NO big deal. Just thought I should mention it since everything is designed in AutoCad and injection molding for production, so IMO there is no excuse. However, I love the unit and I think that it is the best on the market.

Last edited:

jarthead

Reaction score
Thanks Phoneman. I was thinking the same thing about being covered. Water intrusion seems like it could be an issue otherwise. I am also reading that cold weather + CAI equals lower gas mileage... anyone else familiar with this?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Phoneman. I was thinking the same thing about being covered. Water intrusion seems like it could be an issue otherwise. I am also reading that cold weather + CAI equals lower gas mileage... anyone else familiar with this?

I'm a little familiar with cold weather... :)
I've found no lower mpg with a CAI in the winter.
However,
They say...that colder air is more dense which gives a better bang and thus gives better mpg.
BUT, in reality the gas is diluted because of the anti-freeze additives that are added, which lowers MPG.
Gas milage is generally lower in winter than in summer because of this not the CAI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx