Cold start hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dwinters14

Reaction score
Any updates? Just curious if you fixed the issue?

Have you verified the coils are good?
Look into the crank position sensor.

Yes, issue was E85 as I initially had thought.

YES E85 is probably the issue for my 2011 which I ran E85 had a rough idle issue until I changed back to normal 87 gas nor she purrs like a kitten.

A part of me wonders if it's the sensor in our trucks. I had reached out to blackbear tuning to ask them if they could make an e85 map or tune around the issues, and they said we'd have to install a physical sensor in our trucks. Stock, it's a "virtual" or something or another type of sensor, so it's not actually detecting the proper alcohol content.

Currently I switched gas stations to another blend of E85 and my truck fires up first time and drives smooth. I honestly just prefer it over 87 octane, even with the poorer fuel economy.

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 Tahoe does not have a E85 sensor however I think my issue was that the ECM did not have the proper amount of time to recalibrate the alcohol content for I had a bad habit of refueling and then driving home which was not in the 7 miles needed to recalibrate. Like I said now that I switched back to normal 87 gas, I've had no further issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoyZ71