Constant air flow from HVAC system - even when OFF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bkboatnsleds

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured it out!

the door behind the glove box is not opening / closing when it should. I used s spring hook top pull it closed and it worked for a few times but then it quit again.. Perhaps is the motor is going bad thaty moves this door.. ANyone ever replace this actuator? Whe its closed as it should... NO air comes in :) so nice,.... but its not ALWAYS working according to the switch - so its either sticking - or the motor is weak...

OP
OP
bkboatnsleds

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not convinced the actuator is bad - when i get it moving it, I can test it 100+ times and it continues to work - but then I walk away and come back to the truck and its stuck again.

Anyone have this experience?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a spot that you could spray a little wd-40 on the moving parts? Not sure where you are talking about, just an idea!

OP
OP
bkboatnsleds

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about this too.. But its kinda a crap shoot as you cant really see any of the moving mechanisms short of the actual door.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with a little mirror and a light? Like I said, I haven't looked in there before so I don't know what you are really seeing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greene9525